Saturday, July 10, 2010

Market Day

The farmers' market was fun today if not terribly lucrative. Location, or more importantly the direction one's booth faces, determines the success of the day. I got to the market when I normally do, but was given a spot on the "dark side". Bummer for me. Good for a couple of the vendors who keep getting the short end of the stick and have been considering giving up on trying to sell their art. Hopefully they did well. I enjoyed the day, despite the lack of revenue. A few repeat Fishy customers stopped by to chat (and purchase!). Friends stopped by as well and the weather was great. Marla's marvelous market crepes always make me happy as well!

Here are some pictures for all six of you that read this. Info about them: The little grey dress is reclaimed silk. The little guys in the crate are the aliens my intern, Nathan, and I put together this Spring. As for the skirt I'm wearing - I threw it together yesterday as I experimented with different wrap skirt silhouettes. I liked this one the best. It's basically a circle skirt in wrap style. I'll be doing a tutorial in a couple of weeks for those who wish to check back in.

- Fishy Mama



No comments:

Post a Comment