Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Circus Day

I'm sitting in the loft at Xelias Aerial Arts Studio pretending to work but secretly watching my children struggle on the hoop. Program Administrator for this fabulous little circus arts organization is one of my many gigs. I brought Fishy work with me - need more Pony Puffs - but here I am on the computer. Two days in one week! A miracle, people, I'm telling you.

My foot is lovely shade of blue and I'm still hobbling, but I can now put weight on it and have been fairly mobile these last two days. This is a good thing not only because I can now operate my sewing machine (got a poop load of accessories ready for the farmers' market) but also because I will now be capable of wearing a real shoe for our family outing to see Cirque du Soleil this evening. I'd like to look cute, but there is something to be said for the orthopedic boot. Might be able to get better seating. Thing is, I always wear one of my own designs when we go out and black velcro doesn't compliment the skirt I have in mind.

Tomorrow is my prep day for the market. I iron everything prior to re-packing it each time I go out. I like things to look freshly pressed. Possibly overkill for this venue, but I feel like the product is more appealing that way. It takes me hours so, no computer except to print up more business cards and hang tags. You'll have to press on without me.

-Fishy Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment